þriðjudagur, 13. janúar 2004

Alright children, let's cave in to pressure shall we?

Warlords Continued.

– “No it doesn't." Dade's voice carried through the hills, along with the sound of their feet treading the dry path.
– “I'm telling you it does. In order to survive in the Drylands one must often resort to tactics looked upon with scorn elsewhere. Yet, to these inhabitants, these ways are as vital to living as..." Arkian paused levelly "clothing is to you."
– “I could go without it." Dade mused. Kyrian softly bit her lip.
– “What I mean is this," Arkian continued "If your kind has spent all their days in a scorched land under a blistering sun, they are bound to have developed ways, artificial and not, to get through their lives easier, eventually passing it to you."
– “Yes, yes. I don't want to talk about this." Dade said, throwing his arms as if in an attempt to wave the conversation away. "And stop talking like that." he mimicked the crogan's voice. "What, ho? Milord, one's arm has been skillfully skewered right off one's body. One believes this might pose as an inconvenience." Seth and Kyrian tried to hide their smiles. "It's unsettling." Dade finished.
– “The way I speak unsettles you? Yes, one might understand that," Arkian said, glee in his eyes. "Pardon, a small joke. However, it is natural for me to speak like this. I have found it to be useful to balance my rather crude looks whilst meeting someone for the first time. And you still haven't countered my logic."
– “Well, I don't feel the need to. It's... not... so good." he finished lamely. The crogan's logic would have held against an army of career-driven politicians.
– “Well then, I suppose y–" The crogan froze, staring forward, his only movement a slight flicker around his eyes. "What's this then." he said in a manner that made the other's skin twitch. "I think we'd better make haste."

How's that for a build up?

tack tack

--Drekafluga, wickedly amused--

Engin ummæli: