fimmtudagur, 11. desember 2008

Weird American Pansies (á ensku því þetta fór líka á DeviantArt)

On the way home from work I heard a song on the radio which a quick Google search confirmed was something by Panic! At the Disco. Apparently it was the censored version. Why this would be censored to begin with is beyond me but to do so to an Icelandic audience is just stupid. The line goes: "...Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door..." but for some weird reason it was decided to cut out 'god', effectively making 'god' a curse word.

And that baffles me. I also think censoring in this way is inherently stupid. You always make out what the missing word is and replace the silence or beep with it in your mind. Example? "f*beep*k you". It's that obvious. Fuck. I said it.

tack tack

--Drekafluga uppreisnarseggur--

Engin ummæli: