sunnudagur, 31. október 2004

November

is less than eight hours away. Yet, I already feel Novemberish. A large factor in that may be that it’s almost snowing outside. The ground is a light shade of grey. I can’t get the song Please (by U2) out of my head and have declared it the song of the day. Once again I should be studying and am stubbornly paying it no heed (but this is not a characteristic of November specifically but more or less describes me). It is an essay and Two Dimensional Visual Construction is the theme. With that said, let it be known that I am bored out of my arty mind.

Ahh… took a short break and ate. Grandma had made pancakes so I feel a little better. A single look out the window made me feel better too. I find it charming when the nature can’t decide between autumn brown and yellow and the white of early winter. I think it’s the stillness. There is hardly any movement in the air, just cold, frozen stillness. Add blowing winds, whipping about and the result is something phenomenally dreary. The wind is the single largest aspect I don’t like about living in Iceland. The cold doesn’t bother me. Bring on the cold. But if the wind is there with it I’d rather just stay in bed.

Anyway, I’ve got to study. I haven’t got all day. And I have no idea why I wrote this in English.

tack tack

--Drekafluga doing the sound effect of horses (without thimbles)--

Engin ummæli: